Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Slackerrrrr

That's me!  I haven't been on here in forever!  Things got hectic after last July.  My Pap, who meant everything to me, passed away in August.  Jeff was in a four wheeler accident a few days before that.  And I started/finished my last semester of college!  Things have been crazy, but I can't complain.

If anything, it's amazing how time flies.  I just realized that it's been a little over 2 years since 2/9 came home from Afghanistan.  I can't even believe it.  I can't believe that this September will be 3 years.  It's unreal.

I'm doing really well.  My life is finally moving forward, and I am happy with where I am.  I've graduated college and started working,  Jeff is still putting up with my craziness, and I have a lot to look forward to in my life again. 

I still question why it happened to me and I always think about it.  I may not cry or talk about it everyday, but it is definitely one of those things that you will never forget.  It really changes you forever.  Anytime I do talk about it I feel a little more proud.  Sure I still have a lot of anger and hurt, but it's a little better.

I remind myself everyday that the world was never going to stop for me and Josh never wanted me to stop.  I slowly, but surely, started to pick up the pieces of my life and put them back together.  I think he would be pretty darn proud of me for where I am and what I've accomplished.  I'm living my life just like he would want me to.  I'm lucky too that Jeff is so understanding and supportive of it all.  I'm thankful that he's been there to keep pushing me forward.

I gave my speech for the second time this November at the school I was student teaching at.  It went really well and the audience was amazing.  It's still crazy to think that I'm in these shoes and telling that story.  To see tears in peoples eyes because of what I have to say.  My heart swelled with pride again that day.  It reminds me that even though this is a terrible thing, that people appreciate what Josh has done for our country and they are touched by my story. 

Anyways, that's a quick wrap up of my life.  However, I need to get to sleep or I'm going to be one extremely tired girl tomorrow.  Check back soon!  I may just start writing again.

Always remember <3

5 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to read this post and see how great things are going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been following your blog for a few years & was wondering what happened to you because you hadn't posted anything in awhile. I'm happy to read that you're doing well & slowly moving on. Nope, you will never forget but you are right...he would want you to keep living !
    I hope God continues to watch over you and bless you on your new journy :)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad everything is going well for you! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chrissy,
    I stumbled upon your blog I really do not know how. I became so enamored and went all the way back to the beginning and read every post. I am so humbled by your strength and honesty. When I got to the last post I searched to see if you had a new blog and was so sad when I did not find anything. I hope you begin to share again.
    <3 Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to say that it's incredibly brave of you to share so openly your story. I'm sure it has helped more people than you know.

    ReplyDelete